We're excited to share Sarah Li-Cain's Beyond the Dollar podcast where she interviews Andy Wang about international adoption.
About this episode
Starting a family is hard enough – you need to think about stuff like additional health care premiums, parental leave and buying all the things like pregnancy pillows (those things are lifesavers).
Andrew Wang and his wife decided to adopt a child overseas. While it’s about the money — yes, adoption can be expensive — it was about the emotional toll it can take on someone. Andrew comes on the show to chat about why him and his wife decided to adopt overseas, how much time and money he spent through the entire process and challenges he didn’t anticipate.
Stick around to the end where I’m going to distill some takeaways from our conversation, including resources and questions to ask yourself before seeking an adoption agency.
What You Hear in This Episode:
- The exact reason why Andrew and his wife decided to adopt overseas
- What it cost to adopt their child from Taiwan
- How they found out how the adoption process worked and the types of help available
- The emotional rollercoaster he and his wife went on when it came to the wait
- What it felt like to hold his baby girl for the first time
- Are you looking to adopt domestically or overseas? Why?
- Do you have money set aside to adopt? If not, what kinds of grants are available to you?
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/beyond-the-dollar
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.