CEO and Co-Founder of Wigs.com, Carliz Sotelo Moore talks about building a business with heart, caring about customers, and the importance of supporting worthy causes.
“We’re not actually curing Cancer. We’re not making big monumental changes. But, if you can give people confidence in their hearts and help them to feel good, then that’s monumental for us.”
Carliz Sotelo Moore is an entrepreneur and the co-founder of Wigs.com. With a mission to provide the highest quality products and the best expertise in the alternative hair industry, Wigs.com is one of the largest online hair and wigs retailers in the world. The company attracts over 3.3 million people annually across all channels.
With a degree in international business, out of the University of Texas at San Antonio, Carliz started Wigs.com out of her spare bedroom in 1999. Now, she is widely regarded as one of the leading “Wigs Experts” in the industry and around the world. Wigs.com was also recognized by the Dallas Business Journal as one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies.
Carliz is a passionate advocate for women and strives to offer a convenient, supportive and educational platform for those new to alternative hair. She helps women find their true inner confidence and beauty. When asked about Wigs.com goals, Carliz stated, “Our purpose is to help women feel great about how they look… in a sense, we sell confidence.”
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/080
In this episode, you will learn:
- About building a niche business online.
- How changing your appearance with a wig can alter your personality and attitude.
- The importance of "serving" customers and doing something bigger than oneself.
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- It's America Saves Week: One area to examine your spending where you could save every month!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Have you ever worn a wig? Or donated hair? What did you think of this entrepreneur's story?