How go-getter Mayly Tao transformed her family's Santa Monica donut shop and gives back to her community and beyond.
Guest BiographyMayly Tao is LA’s self-proclaimed Donut Princess, owner of DK’s Donuts & Bakery in Santa Monica, CA and Donut Princess Los Angeles, a donut bouquet delivery concept. She is the host of her podcast Short N’ Sweet. You can find her ”Securing the Box” at @maylytao, @donutprincessla, @dksdonuts, @foodfortheclout. She is very heavily involved in community work, such as completing the building of a temple in Cambodia and creating her new initiative, Lunchboxes for Love, to help feed front line health care professionals in Los Angeles during COVID-19. She is currently a social media marketing consultant, helping others create revenue through social media and branding.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- The history of Cambodian immigrants owning donut shops in Southern California.
- Innovating new donut varieties and using social media to build a community.
- How Mayly is adapting the business during COVID-19 and giving back.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/151
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Donut King - The Movie
- Lunch Boxes for Love
- Monica Lin
- Fisher House
- Salvation Army
- VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
- Short N' Sweet: A Donut Princess Podcast by DK's Donuts
- Instagram - DK's Donuts
- Instagram - Donut Princess LA
- Instagram - Mayly Tao
- Instagram - Food For The Clout
- Ways to give back during COVID-19.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Have you ever had DK's Donuts or Donut Princess LA? How are you giving back?