Money Coach Denise Li shares how her Taiwanese American upbringing shaped her money mindset, saving strategies, and investing.
Denise Li is the author of The Ocean Accepts All Rivers: Life and Money Lessons from my Taiwanese American Upbringing. She's a Bay Area native, an introvert, a feminist, a philosopher, a diversity evangelist, a theater enthusiast, and a raging liberal. She's a Governance, Risk, and Compliance Analyst in Information Security by day, and moonlights as a money coach and educator. Her mission is to financially empower by sharing her wealth of financial knowledge, cultural insights from her background, and mindset tips for growing wealth passively. She presents her knowledge at webinars and fireside chats, and emphasizes emotional health as foundational to financial health.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Cultural differences from table manners to money mindsets
- Money lessons from a Taiwanese American, including a Chinese proverb
- Tactical tips for saving and investing
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/203
Find more from our guest:
- The Ocean Accepts All Rivers: Life and Money Lessons from my Taiwanese American Upbringing by Denise Li
- All Your Worth: The Ultimate Lifetime Money Plan by Elizabeth Warren
Money Tip of the Week
- Tips for resisting keeping up with the Joneses.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
How has your culture or family influenced your relationship with money?