Throughout her life, Ramona Ortega always noticed a racial wealth gap and decided to launch a fintech company to do something about it.
Ramona Ortega is the CEO & Founder of My Money My Future. My Money My Future is an all-in-one personal finance platform that helps millennials make better financial decisions by combining education and unique content with personalized product recommendations and financial advice in a seamless experience.
Previously Ramona was an attorney in New York where she worked on complex securities litigation and corporate matters at the SEC and U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
Prior to her career in law, Ramona was a human rights advocate and a founding member of the U.S. Human Rights Network.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Why Ramona decided to take the leap to launch a tech start up with a big mission
- The challenges of fundraising as a women of color
- What money advice Ramona would have told her 20 year old self
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/124
Find more from our guest:
My Money My Future
- Judge Arthur Gonzalez
- Chapter 11
- Chapter 7
- U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission
- Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
- Cidadão Global
- Cafecito network
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.