Bradley Davis, Founder/CEO of Podchaser, talks about launching a start up, fundraising, and his evolving views on money.
Podchaser is a Venture Capital-backed podcast database company founded in 2016 and led by CEO Bradley Davis. Sometimes called "the IMDb of podcasting," the company is currently focused on three core initiatives: advanced search and discovery, industry-wide data standardization, and data-driven marketplaces for connection. Features include ratings and reviews, shareable lists, detailed tagging, and more than 4 million creator and guest credits. Leveraging its unique database of credits, Podchaser recently announced its Podchaser Connect service that will pair compelling guests -- brand representatives, university professors, authors, domain experts, and more — with podcasts to unlock the tremendous influence of the intimate medium and grow podcast audiences.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How Podchaser started as a side-hustle with a Reddit post.
- Fundraising from scratch and how Podchaser recently closed on a $1.65 million seed round.
- Why Bradley is excited to be heading Podchaser and how fundraising is changing his views on money.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/131
Find more from our guest:
- Podchaser raises $1.65M in round with prominent Louisville investors
- Write a review for Inspired Money at Podchaser.com
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week
- The Rule of 72
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.