From $60,000 in debt to creator of P90X, the #1 home fitness program of all time, Tony Horton shares his path to success, insatiable desire to learn, and enthusiasm to motivate people to be their best.
Tony Horton is the wildly popular creator of the best-selling fitness series: P90X®, P90X2®, P90X3®, and Ten Minute Trainer®, P90® and most recently his 22-Minute military inspired workout, 22 Minute Hard Corps®. Tony is a world-class motivational speaker and the author of top-selling books “Bring It”, Crush It!” and his latest motivational book, “The Big Picture” 11 Laws that will change your life, which he has transformed to an in depth personal development course, Living Large with Tony Horton. He has appeared on countless television programs as a fitness and lifestyle expert to promote healthy living through exercise and proper nutrition. In keeping with Tony’s passion for a healthy lifestyle, he’s teamed up with the beauty experts at Ultimate Salon Professionals to create his new hair and skincare line, TH Care by Tony Horton, because he believes what goes on your body is just as important as what goes in it.
For the past 25 years, Tony has used his unique brand of humor to change the lives of tens of million people through his incredible fusion of motivation, physical exercise, nutrition, and discipline. From worldclass athletes, pro sports teams, celebrities and the U.S. Military, to corporate executives, couch potatoes, and busy moms and dads alike, Tony has what it takes to reach and teach them all.
Tony believes that real and lasting change can happen when we commit to health as a lifestyle. Exercise, whole foods, and the right mindset is the formula that leads to a vibrant, productive and full life for anyone who focuses on being the best they can be.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/057
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Tony Horton's love for acting, exercise, and personal development led to P90X.
- Techniques for setting personal goals and making them happen.
- Tony is a great example of how embracing a growth mindset can lead to success -- to consistently feed your desire for learning, exploring, and being curious.
Find more from our guest:
- Tom Petty
- Billy Idol
- Stevie Nicks
- Sean Connery
- Shirley MacLaine
- Stephen Stills
- Bruce Springsteen
- Harlan Goodman
- Omega Institute
- Tony Horton's Paragon Experience
- Ewan McGregor on Twitter
- Scott Fifer's GO Campaign
- The Big Picture: 11 Laws That Will Change Your Life by Tony Horton
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain by John Ratey
- Dr. Wayne Dyer
- Looking Out For #1 by Robert Ringer
- Eckhart Tolle
- M. Scott Peck
- Gary Zukov
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week
- The Composition and Draw-down of Wealth in Retirement by James M. Poterba, Steven F. Venti, David A. Wise
- Why Healthier Means Wealthier (Money)
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Have you completed P90X or another Tony Horton workout? What were your results?