Jesse Draper is a 4th generation venture capitalist, founding partner of Halogen Ventures, and host of Emmy nominated,“The Valley Girl Show.”
Jesse Draper is founding partner of Halogen Ventures as well as creator and host of 2015 Emmy nominated television series, “The Valley Girl Show”. Draper is a 4th generation venture capitalist focused on early stage investing in female founded consumer technology. Her portfolio includes Laurel & Wolf, Carbon38, Naya Health, HopSkipDrive, The Flex Company & Sugarfina. Through her show she’s helped pioneer the way in digital media and has an initiative to interview 50% women in technology. Previously a Nickelodeon star, Draper has used her comedic talents to bring an approachable feel to the technology world, has produced and distributed over 300 interviews with some of the greatest minds in technology and beyond (including; Ted Turner, Mark Cuban, Sheryl Sandberg, Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, Jessica Alba, MC Hammer and Eric Schmidt) and was listed by Marie Claire magazine as one of the ‘50 Most Connected Women in America’. USA Today called the show “Must see startup TV”. Draper is a contributor to Marie Claire, SV Magazine, Mashable, Forbes.com, and is a regular investor and tech personality on shows including ‘The Katie Couric Show’, Fox’s ‘Good Day LA’, CNBC’s ‘Who Wants to Be the Next Millionaire Inventor?’ & Freeform’s Startup U. She proudly sits on the board of directors of Werk, the advisory board of Bizworld and is on the Chairman’s board of SurfAir. Draper supports the Parkinson’s Institute and is very involved with growing UCLA’s female entrepreneurship community. She is a new mom, a graduate of UCLA and a Kappa Kappa Gamma.
Photo credit: Ricky Middlesworth Photography
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/016
In this episode, you will learn:
- What Jesse looks for when evaluating companies to invest in
- The importance of diversity, expanding up your networks, being open to new opportunities and industries.
- The importance of keeping your money moving and to always be learning.
- Halogen Ventures
- The Valley Girl Show
- Meet The Drapers - Crowdfunding Reality TV Series
- Gazillionaire Deluxe - Business Simulation Game
- Kiva.org - lend alongside thousands of others joining forces to make a powerful and sustainable way to create economic and social good
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
How do you keep yourself open to new opportunities? Do you keep your money moving?