From financial advisor to "accidental entrepreneur," Shannon McLay went all-in to launch The Financial Gym with a goal of making financial fitness fun and attainable for everyone. Learn how she has found passion, purpose, and happiness.
Shannon McLay is a financial planner who left a "traditional" financial services firm to start her own company, The Financial Gym, because she felt traditional financial services firms did not have the tools or resources to help the everyday Jack and Jill who are trying to build assets while also managing debt. Shannon realized that the key to financial success for most people is human contact and not a website or an app. People are more than algorithms and The Financial Gym is putting the personal back in personal finance.
Through her blog, Financially Blonde, her book, Train Your Way To Financial Fitness, her podcast, Martinis and Your Money and her company, Shannon is committed to making financial fitness fun, easy and accessible for everyone.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/037
In this episode, you will learn:
- The financially correct way to start a business.
- How the tiny decisions add up and allow you to hit big milestones.
- How adding friction between you and your spending can save you money.
Find more from our guest:
- Train Your Way To Financial Fitness
- If Life Is a Game, These Are the Rules: Ten Rules for Being Human as Introduced in Chicken Soup for the Soul
Runnymede Money Tip:
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Do you believe that embracing process can lead to success and happiness? Please leave a comment.