Tony-Award winning Broadway producer, Ken Davenport explains how to invest in theater productions and other valuable lessons he's learned along the way.
Ken Davenport is a Tony-Award winning Broadway producer whose productions have been produced internationally in over 25 countries around the world. In addition to his own work, Ken was recently named the Executive Producer of North America for Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Really Useful Group. Ken was featured on a national commercial for Apple’s iPhone, named one of Crain’s “Forty Under 40″ and is one of the co-founders of TEDxBroadway. He created the best-selling Broadway board game Be A Broadway Star and runs a number of theatrical websites including DidHeLikeIt.com and its respective smartphone app. His blog, TheProducersPerspective.com, has been featured in Vanity Fair, New York Magazine, The Gothamist and more. He has written articles for Forbes, Mashable, and many others. Ken’s unique production and marketing style has garnered him international attention, including two front page articles in the NY Times and features on MSNBC, Rock Center, Fox News, BBC, and his favorite, a mention in Jay Leno’s monologue on “The Tonight Show.” Upcoming projects include his original musical Gettin’ The Band Back Together, which premiered at George Street Playhouse and will appear on Broadway in July 2018, Mass Appeal, and the revival of The Great White Hope.Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/040
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why and how to invest in theatrical productions.
- Ken's thoughts on marketing given that his unique marketing style has garnered international attention, including articles in the NY Times, MSNBC, and a mention in Jay Leno’s monologue on “The Tonight Show.”
- A whole bunch of tips -- from how to better ask for money, more effective networking, and more.
Find more from our guest:
- TheProducersPerspective.com (blog)
- The Producer's Perspective Podcast with Ken Davenport
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Awesome 80s Prom
- Once On This Island
- My First Time
- Gettin' The Band Back Together
- Crowdfunding Godspell
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Have you ever invested or wanted to invest in a Broadway or Off-Broadway theater production?