Should you write a book? Today, we chat with Chandler Bolt, founder of the Self-Publishing School, about the benefits of publishing a book, passive income, and more.
Guest BiographyChandler is the author of 6 bestselling books including “Book Launch” and his most recent book titled “Published.”. He’s also the founder & CEO of Self Publishing School, the #1 online resource for writing your first book. Through his books, training videos, and Self Publishing School, he’s helped thousands of people on their journey to writing their first book.
Chandler was bitten by the entrepreneurial bug at an early age when he saw that he could make a lot more money working for himself. While his friends were off searching for jobs, he was out starting businesses.
He began early (age 11) by selling his personal snacks at scout camp and, by age 17 he hired his friends to help him operate his landscaping business that earned him $10,000 for college. All in all, by age 20 he started and ran over $320,000 in businesses.
During this time, he taught other college students to run their own successful businesses and received the "Entrepreneur of the Year" award from Young Entrepreneurs Across America.
Now he's scaling Self Publishing School, a company he's built from 0 to $7M in 3 years. The best is yet to come!
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/050
In this episode, you will learn:
- If you have a business, why positioning yourself in terms of pricing at the top of the market is important.
- How books can be your most inexpensive mentor and salesperson.
- Why you should consider creating assets (like a book) that will generate lasting streams of income.
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
- My PMx talk at Podcast Movement: For A Great Podcast, Do Something That Scares You
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week:
- IM 010: How to Look at Money in Terms of Happy | Sarah Von Bargen
- IM 012: Outspoken Advocate for Civil Rights in the Episcopal Church | John Shelby Spong
- IM 013: How to Create Side Hustles That Can Outearn Your Full-Time Job | Gerald Zingraf
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Are you interested in writing a book? Or if you've written one, what advice can you share to help others?