As a diplomat, journalist, marketing expert, advocate, and activist, Claudia Romo Edelman has consistently worked to make the world a better place by advancing humanitarian affairs such as migration, Hispanics, gender, education and early childhood development as well as advocating for Sustainable Development Goals and other large global issues.
Guest BiographyClaudia Romo Edelman is an advocate for the inclusion equity and representation. Her mission is to use her voice to build bridges and remind us that we are all human.
She is a Special Adviser for the We Are All Human Foundation; she is also the Co-Host of ‘Global GoalsCast’, a podcast distributed by CBS News Digital, which highlights global progress through the stories of champions making a difference. Claudia is the Editor at Large of Thrive Global and it was recently announced that she will step into the role of Editor in Chief of Thrive Hispanics. Prior to this, the Mexican-Swiss diplomat was seconded to the Executive Office of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, to lead communications and advocacy for the Sustainable Development Goals.
Claudia is the former Chief of Advocacy of UNICEF. While living in Europe for 25 years, she successfully led public relations and brand and marketing for global organizations including the World Economic Forum, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB & Malaria.
A frequent public speaker on development and humanitarian affairs, Claudia holds degrees in Communications, Philosophy and Photography as well as a Masters of Political Communications from the London School of Economics. Claudia is married and has two children. She enjoys sports and speaks six languages.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/052
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why you should respect money and view it as energy.
- The transformation Claudia is seeing in world because role models of giving are leading the way to saying I want to use my money to make a difference and to change the world
- Why you should always be trying to shift your perspective, especially today with increasingly divisive news headlines and social media shares.
Find more from our guest:
- Global GoalsCast <-- Subscribe and listen to the podcast
Mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Is there an event or moment in your life that defined what you're doing today?