Through her experiences abroad, Molly MacCready felt compelled to make a difference in the world by helping those will less. She founded a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and hosts a podcast to help other nonprofit leaders.
Guest BiographyMolly MacCready is the executive director of CROSO, Child Restoration Outreach Support Organization, a nonprofit she founded in 2007 that provides post-secondary scholarships to former street children in Uganda. Molly is also the host and producer of the Nonprofit Optimist podcast where she talks with other small nonprofit leaders about the lessons they've learned in their work. In her free time, she loves to play games, hang out with her nieces & nephews, scuba dive, kayak, and travel.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/054
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why you might consider supporting a smaller nonprofit organization over a big one.
- Tips to evaluate a small nonprofit organization.
- How technology is changing the way we engage with nonprofits.
Find more from our guest:
Croso (Child Restoration Outreach Support Organization)
Nonprofit Optimist Podcast
Mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Do you have favorite organizations and causes that you support? Please share by leaving a comment.