Learn budgeting tips from Phylecia Jones, The Budgetologist, who left her 6-figure job to become an entrepreneur and helps coaches and consultants to get serious about managing money.
During a 5-year span of getting rid of $25,000+ in debt, managing to increase a net worth to over $500,000 and leaving a 6-figure salaried job to start a business, Phylecia Jones realized that that millionaire status does not happen overnight!
With a Bachelor’s in Computer Science and a Master’s in Systems Engineering, Phylecia proudly served 13 years as a civilian Computer Scientist for the US Navy and Department of Defense, supporting sailors and soldiers across the world, but realized that it was not enough. At the age of 36 years old, she took an early retirement and started a journey that would forever change her life… entrepreneurship.
As the CEO of Keep up with Mrs. Jones LLC, Creator of Budget School, a premier business financial education platform, and Host of the Budget School Podcast, Phylecia is the savvy go-to budgeting nerd, speaker, and trainer. She thrives on changing the world one budget at-a-time and is opening the door for many solo entrepreneur coaches and consultants to have that must needed wake-up call to get serious about managing money and knowing their numbers.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/063
In this episode, you will learn:
- Budget tips from Phylecia since she's called the Budgetologist
- How couples can communicate and collaborate in successful maintaining a budget
- Why and what she learned by committing to creating daily FB lives… and how it's helped her business.
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- FinCon Conference
- [Video] Our Whirlyball Game: What happens when podcasters are left unsupervised in Orlando, Fl
- Carey Conley - vision coach
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week:
- Budgeting apps
- IM 045: The Power of Spreadsheets and Tracking Your Money | Peter Polson
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
What categories do you include in your budget? Do you have tips for successfully managing a budget with a partner?