Jamila Souffrant, founder of the Journey to Launch podcast and blog, shares her family's story of being debt free (besides the mortgage) and her goal to be financially independent by the age of 40.
Jamila Souffrant is a podcaster, blogger, money coach and founder of JourneyToLaunch.com where she shares her journey to reach Financial Independence. The Journey To Launch podcast was named one of “27 Podcasts You Need To Start Listening To In 2018" by BuzzFeed. Jamila is also the resident financial expert on a weekly segment on News12, the most watched local TV news-station in NYC and has been featured in Money Magazine, TIME, Business Insider, Refinery29, CNBC, ESSENCE Magazine & CBS. Because of her money habits, Jamila and her husband saved $85,300 in 2016 and saved $84,100 in 2017 and are debt free besides their mortgage. She is also a mom of three small children and currently lives in NYC. Her mission is to teach, inspire and help others reach Financial Freedom through her platform.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/064
In this episode, you will learn:
- Insight into Jamila’s path toward financial independence.
- Why even if you’re not interested in FIRE (Financial Independence/Retire Early), it may still be worth working toward because it'll strengthen your financial position.
- The importance of teaching though actions rather than words.
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- FinCon Conference
- Money Magazine: This 35-Year-Old Mother Is Saving $85,000 a Year in New York City and Plans to Retire in 5 Years. Here’s How.
- Mad Fientist
- Afford Anything
- Radical Personal Finance
- Mr. Money Mustache
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week:
- Ideas/strategies for paying down debt (The Snowball Plan)
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Are you interested in FIRE? What does your journey look like?