Author and Founder of To The Market, Jane Mosbacher Morris says the money we routinely spend on food, clothes, gifts, and even indulgences is an untapped superpower. What if you could make more thoughtful decisions and vote with your dollars?
Guest BiographyJane Mosbacher Morris is the Founder and CEO of TO THE MARKET. She previously served as the Director of Humanitarian Action for the McCain Institute for International Leadership and currently serves on the Institute's Human Trafficking Advisory Council. Prior to joining the Institute, she worked in the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Counterterrorism and in the Secretary's Office of Global Women's Issues. Morris is a member of VF Corporation's Advisory Council on Responsible Sourcing. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service from Georgetown University and an MBA from Columbia Business School. She is a term member at the Council on Foreign Relations. She is the also the author of Buy the Change You Want to See: Use Your Purchasing Power to Make the World a Better Place (Penguin Random House/ January 29, 2019).
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/078
In this episode, you will learn:
- The importance of seeing a need, that it's possible to change your career, and that you can do well by doing good.
- You'll see how Jane created her business to help make the world a better place.
- She'll also give you tips on how you can start with micro changes in your life to make a big impact.
Find more from our guest:
To The Market:
- Buy the Change You Want to See: Use Your Purchasing Power to Make the World a Better Place by Jane Mosbacher Morris
- Will your tax refunds be smaller this year?
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Do you align your spending with values? Are you voting with your wallet?