Taught lessons of real estate investing from his self-made grandmother, Willie Mandrell talks about real estate, creating his own path, and the power of niching down.
As a lifelong resident of Boston, Willie is very familiar with the city’s neighborhoods and has a deep, intuitive understanding of the local Real Estate market. He spent his early years watching his grandparents acquire and manage rental property throughout the city and was able to learn many aspects of the business early on. Now, as a current landlord and Real Estate investor, he prides himself on staying current with local sales and rental trends. Willie has a real passion for the multi-family industry and specializes in buying, repositioning, and managing income-producing property.
Prior to entering the Real Estate field, Willie spent several years working in the banking and financial services industries. During his corporate years, he earned several industry licenses, including the series 7, 24, 65, & 53. This valuable experience in the investment world has allowed Willie to become an expert in evaluating the risk and rewards of various investment assets, including Real Estate. Willie earned his Bachelor's degree (finance concentration) from Boston’s Northeastern University.
Willie married his wife (Lana) in 2014 and they now have 2 children (Josephine and James.) His dream would be to get his children involved in the family business and continue the legacy his grandparents started.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Why sometimes the best time to start a new venture is during a crisis.
- The power of niching down in business, for Willie, this means focusing on multi-family investments.
- The power of organizing and leading a Meetup group.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/135
Find more from our guests:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Inspired Money 097: Real Estate Investing for Passive Income with Lane Kawaoka
- The BRRRR (Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat) Strategy: A Primer for Investors
- Boston Wealth Builders (Boston, MA) | Meetup
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.