Chris Curran, Founder of Fractal Recording and Podcast Engineering School, shares how meditation and spiritual practices changed his life and relationship with money.
Chris Curran is the Founder and Lead Instructor of Podcast Engineering School. He also currently produces or has produced podcasts for Forbes, Dun & Bradstreet, Johnson & Johnson, ePlus Technology, AAPD, as well as select business authors including Pamela S. Harper, Dr. Dan Peters, Laura Shin, Dr. Laura Mattia, and Erik Townsend.
Chris has previously been on staff at some of the most prestigious recording facilities in the world: The Hit Factory, The Soundtrack Group, and Quad Recording.He has many album credits including engineer, producer or assistant engineer roles on projects with Foreigner, Sarah McLachlan, Jeff Buckley, MC Hammer, Itzhak Perlman, Naughty by Nature, Ice Cube, Philip Bailey, Biohazard, God Street Wine, Biggie Smalls, Puffy, Heavy D., Helmet, Monster Magnet, Orange 9mm, Nuno Bettencourt, Onyx, Quicksand, Savatage and many others.
Chris is also the founder of Fractal Recording (a complete podcast production solution for mid-to-large companies), host of several podcasts including The Podcast Engineering Show and The Mystic Show, as well as author of Leap Beyond Your Limits. When not working, Chris facilitates retreats and meetups with Pause Your Life, and enjoys hiking.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- The importance of living with intention, perspective, and focusing on the right things.
- Chris once worked with Mike Michalowicz (mentioned in Inspired Money episode 106 by Jonny Nastor) so we'll learn how Chris implemented Profit First concepts into his business.
- Why Chris feels he needed to hit rock bottom before being able to make important, lasting changes in his life.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/107Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Jordan B. Peterson
- Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
Runnymede Tip of the Week:
- Scientific benefits of practicing meditation.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.