Chris Mamula shares his path to financial independence and retiring at 41. He's also primary author of Choose FI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence.
Chris Mamula used principles of traditional retirement planning, combined with creative lifestyle design, to retire from a career as a physical therapist at age 41. After poor experiences with the financial industry early in his professional life, he educated himself on investing and tax planning. Now he draws on his experience to write about wealth building, DIY investing, financial planning, early retirement, and lifestyle design at Can I Retire Yet? Chris' writing has been featured in MarketWatch, Doughroller, Business Insider and RockStar Finance. He is also the primary author of the forthcoming book Choose FI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/111Find more from our guest:
- Can I Retire Yet? - Save More - Invest Smarter - Retire Sooner
- Choose FI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence by Chris Mamula, Brad Barrett, Jonathan Mendonsa
Mentioned in this episode:
- ChooseFI | Join the Financial Independence Movement
- Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Tim Ferriss
- Dirtbag Millionaires
- Mr. Money Mustache
- Financial Mentor - Todd Tressidder
- How Much Money Do I Need to Retire? (Financial Freedom for Smart People Book 5) - Todd Tressidder
- This first year of early retirement has been one of the hardest of my life
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week
- Defining financial independence // How much to save
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.