Dan Chan left pre-IPO PayPal to become Silicon Valley's favorite magician who performs for tech billionaires and Silicon Valley elite.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Pivoting a live magic show to a virtual experience on Zoom
- Why walk away power is important in negotiating
- Dan's unique stock buying strategy. He invests in every company that hires him.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/155
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- David Copperfield
- Chris Kenner
- Jim Steinmeyer
- Gerald Joseph
- Criss Angel
- David Blaine
- Cyril Takayama
- Warren & Annabelle's Magic
- Buzzfeed: Meet Silicon Valley's Favorite Magician
- The Hustle: Silicon Valley’s favorite magician reimagines his act in the age of Zoom
- Business Insider: For $500 you can book a Zoom magic show with 'Silicon Valley's favorite magician,' whose client list includes Google, Apple, and Airbnb
- Business Insider: A day in the life of a 'billionaire's magician,' who's hired to fly around the world and entertain the elite
- A magical money tip: earnings matter!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Did you ever have the magic bug as a kid or adult? Do Dan's lessons from magic apply to your business?