Marco Vangelisti shares why he left a successful career in finance and sold his investments to focus on no-harm impact investing.
Marco Vangelisti, CFA is a 100% Aware and No-Harm investor with a longstanding commitment to impact and regenerative investing. He is a founding member of Slow Money and has been on the leadership team of the Slow Money Northern California Network from its inception to 2020.
Prior to his shift in focus towards no-harm, impact, and regenerative investing, he spent 20 years in the finance industry, where he managed investment equity portfolios on behalf of large foundations and endowments and developed statistical risk models for equity and fixed income markets around the world.
Marco was a Fulbright scholar in Mathematics and Economics at the University of California in Berkeley, earned an MBA at the Milan-based “Enrico Mattei” school in his native Italy, and a Master of Fine Arts at the intersection of public art and ecology in the U.S. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and taught portfolio management, asset allocation, and performance and risk analysis at the San Francisco CFA Institute for 12 years.
He is dedicated to democratizing financial literacy and no-harm investing.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Some of the problems with owning mutual funds and popular ETFs like the S&P 500.
- How Marco transformed his investments from traditional to aware and no-harm.
- Investing for good rather than for optimal returns.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/187
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in the episode:
- Towards Aware and No-Harm Investing Course (not an affiliate link)
Use discount Code: IM20 for 20% off
- Slow Money keynote address
- Sysco Corp (SYY)
- Ghost Fleet: Two Stories of Survival and Redemption
- Slow Money
- Occupy Wall Street
- Amy Pearl
- RSF Social Finance - Values-Aligned Investing
- CNote - women-led impact investment platform
- Community Foods Market
- Richistan: A Journey Through the American Wealth Boom and the Lives of the New Rich by Robert Frank
- Inquiries into the Nature of Slow Money: Investing as if Food, Farms, and Fertility Mattered by Woody Tasch
Money Tip of the Week
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
How have you aligned your investments with your values? Are you interested in moving toward 100% aware and no-harm investing?