Long-time friends, Pavel Chaploutskiy and Victor Rakovich talk about how growing up after the collapse of the Soviet Union impacted their views on money, business, and comedy!
Stretch fabric ceilings are a hugely popular architectural solution in Europe and Asia. We own two brands for our stretch fabric ceiling products. Our consumer brand, PopcornCeilingSolution.com, is targeted toward condo owners, condo associations, high-rise apartment owners, and even hotels with popcorn and concrete ceilings. The solution we offer is an alternative to popcorn ceiling removal that includes the ability to install LED recessed lighting anywhere in apartments and buildings with concrete ceilings.
During the painful collapse of the Soviet Union, the economy was fractured, the currency changed overnight, there were no jobs which paid. My parents as well as millions of other adults went to work without pay. Naively believing that the government would fix things quickly. We had to find ways to make money, so I’d say the struggle made me an entrepreneur. I was 11 years old when I started hustling on the flea market with my grandmother.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Perspectives on money from two entrepreneurs who have lived through crisis
- What it was like to build a flooring business from scratch in New York City
- One of their niche businesses, a ceiling system, that they brought from Europe to the USA
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/134
Find more from our guests:
Mentioned in this episode:
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.