In this bonus episode, Lynnette Khalfani-Cox, The Money Coach®, talks about what you should do to protect yourself from the Equifax hack.
Be sure to listen to Lynnette's episode: IM 006: An Entrepreneur’s Journey From Journalist to The Money Coach | Lynnette Khalfani-Cox
Lynnette Khalfani-Cox, The Money Coach® , is a personal finance expert, television and radio personality, and the author of numerous books, including the New York Times bestseller Zero Debt: The Ultimate Guide to Financial Freedom. Lynnette once had $100,000 in credit card debt, before paying it all off in three years and turning her financial life around.
Since then, she has appeared on such national TV programs as The Oprah Winfrey Show, Dr. Phil, The Tyra Banks Show and Good Morning America sharing her success story and teaching millions about proper money management and how to get out of debt and eliminate their debt.
Lynnette, an award-winning financial news journalist and former Wall Street Journal reporter for CNBC, has also been featured in top newspapers including the Washington Post, USA Today, and the New York Times, as well as magazines ranging from Essence and Redbook to Black Enterprise and Smart Money. She can frequently be seen as a guest commentator on CNN, FOX Business Network and MSNBC. Ask Lynnette any personal finance question by visiting her answer blog at AskTheMoneyCoach.com
TheMoneyCoach.net™ was launched in 2003 by Lynnette Khalfani-Cox and her husband Earl Cox. It serves as the the official web site and social media portal for Lynnette Khalfani-Cox, The Money Coach®.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/006
- Credit Sesame - Free Credit Score and Credit Report Analysis
- Place a fraud alert or credit freeze:
- Credit Freeze Information/Fees by State
- Perfect Credit: 7 Steps To A Great Credit Rating (Lynnette's book)
Related Blog Posts
- 5 simple steps to protect yourself from the massive Equifax data breach
- 5 Tips to Keep Thieves Out of Your Bank and Brokerage Accounts
- 7 Things To Do Right Now Because Your Personal Data Is Under Attack
- 3 Steps to Protect Your Brokerage Account From Cybercriminals
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why the Equifax hack puts you at greater risk than other hacks.
- What Lynnette is telling consumers to do to protect themselves.
- Why you should consider placing a security/credit freeze on your credit reports.
- How to place a credit freeze at the three national credit reporting companies.
- Other valuable websites and resources for monitoring your credit.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music. Until next time!
Have you taken steps to protect your identity and credit? Why or why not?