Learn about the entrepreneurial journey of Peter Polson, CEO of Tiller Money. Find out why he wants to empower you with tools to automate spreadsheets so you can take control of your money.
Peter Polson's dad had him keep a ledger as a kid. As soon as Peter could add numbers he had to track his 25 cent allowance, including what he’d saved, shared, and spent. Later as a teenager, fascinated by the promise of an online ledger, Peter started teaching classes introducing others Quicken. In college he worked on Microsoft Money as a program manager.
After spending the first part of his career at JP Morgan, Nextlink, Junxion, and Dashwire, he grew frustrated by the tools available to help people manage their finances. That frustration led to research which led to inspiration, all of which came together to create Tiller.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/045
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why you might do better tracking your budget in a spreadsheet instead of an app.
- Tips to get started on effectively tracking your spending.
- Find out why it’s important to remove emotions from your money decisions.
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Enter the giveaway! (through 7/10)
- Gettin' the Band Back Together First Look
- Official Music Video - Gettin' The Band Back Together
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Have any helpful tips for tracking spending and budgeting? What has worked and why might someone fail?