Andy Hill shares his young family's motivations and successes working toward financial independence. They paid off $50k debt in 12 months, they paid off their mortgage in four years, and they continue to save for future financial goals.
Guest BiographyAndy Hill is the host of the Marriage, Kids and Money Podcast which focuses on helping young families build wealth. Outside of writing for his own weekly blog of the same name, his personal finance focused articles have been featured in STAND Magazine, Business Insider, NerdWallet and Rockstar Finance. Trusted as a personal finance influencer by brands such as Quicken Loans, Tomorrow and Credit Sesame, Andy’s message of family financial empowerment has resonated with listeners, readers and viewers across the US. When he’s not “talking money,” Andy enjoys wrestling with his two kids and singing 80’s karaoke with his wife, Nicole.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/083
In this episode, you will learn:
- Achieving financial freedom as a team requires with good communication with your spouse. (Andy's monthly budgeting parties.)
- Living debt free means less stress and worry.
- Tips for teaching young kids about money and saving for college.
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Young Family Wealth Playbook: 7 Steps to Solidifying Your Family’s Future Wealth
- IM 075: Working Together to Pay Off Their Mortgage 25 Years Early | Talaat McNeely
- Of the hundreds of items we spend our money on throughout the year, three things account for about 70% of our annual spending.
- A quick, simple tip that can reduce two of the three big expenses.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
How closely do your work with and communicate with your spouse about family finances? What tips can you share?