Joel Solomon, founding partner of Renewal Funds and co-author of The Clean Money Revolution, talks about his changing relationship with money and how we can use our money for the greater good.
Joel Solomon is a Founding Partner of Renewal Funds, Canada's largest mission venture capital firm, at over $98m assets under management. Investing in Organics and EnviroTech in Canada and the USA, Renewal Funds is GIIRS-rated, a founding Canadian B Corp (5x “Best for the World”), a “1% for the Planet” member, recognized as ImpactAssets “Top 50 impact fund managers.”
Joel serves as a Senior Advisor with RSF Social Finance and speaks frequently throughout North America, including a 2012 TEDxVancouver talk. He is a founding member of Social Venture Network (SVN), Business for Social Responsibility (BSR), the Tides Canada Foundation, and is board chair of Hollyhock.
From 1993 to 2008, Joel managed the Family Office activities of Carol Newell. Together, they pioneered an integrated use of capital for social impact that is now growing as a strategy for deep mission investors.
Joel has received a Lifetime Achievement Award from SVN and was recently inducted with Carol Newell into the SVN Hall of Fame.
Joel is Co-Author with Tyee Bridge of Clean Money Revolution, a call to action to know where your money is and what it is doing to whom right now, and to move trillions of dollars from damage to regeneration.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- About Joel's shift from a negative to positive relationship with money
- The long-term importance of aligning your investing with your values
- We'll learn about ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) Investing and how your desired legacy can shape your priorities.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/104Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Jim Crow
- The Clean Money Revolution: Reinventing Power, Purpose, and Capitalism by Joel Solomon and Tyee Bridge
Runnymede Tip of the Week:
- Wants vs. Needs
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.